Monday, March 18, 2013

Having a Passion for Christ

Tim Keller, explaining what it means to have a passion for Christ:
When I talk about having a passion for Christ, it might make you afraid that I mean you need to be a fanatic. Maybe you think, I had an aunt like that. All she did was talk about religion and the Bible and made everybody sick of it.  That's not what we're talking about when we talk about a passion for Christ.

It's like my glasses. I don't spend all my time looking at and talking about my glasses. But I do spend all my time seeing everything through my glasses. And if my relationship between me and my glasses gets off, if they get too far down on my nose or get too dirty, it affects my perception of everything.

Likewise, a person with a passion for Christ is not necessarily always talking about Christ, but is looking at everything through Christ.
--Tim Keller, "Knowing the Power of His Resurrection," in Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross, Nancy Guthrie, ed.