Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Children are humorous, especially when they don't mean to be. Their responses to questions are classic (evidenced by the number of forwarded emails we've all received with such responses). Our 2 year-old daughter is no different. Two incidents occurred recently that left my wife and I laughing at her own "classic" responses to our questions.

The first happened when we were in a store and saw an inflatable Santa Claus. I asked my daughter who that was in the red suit with the white beard. Her response: "Noah" (she probably wondered why there were toys rather than animals in the sled).

The second incident was in the midst of my wife going over catechism questions with our daughter. They were talking about Adam and Eve, sin, and the punishment for sin. My wife asked, "What happens when we sin?" The answer we expected was: "It separates us from God." The answer our daughter gave: "We get a spanking."