Wednesday, June 1, 2011

7 Reasons to Love Telling and Hearing the Gospel

Here are seven reasons every Christian should love to tell and hear the gospel - each of them inspired by the hymn, "I Love to Tell the Story," by Katherine Hankey.

1) Because of the certainty of its truthfulness and 2) Because it satisfies the sinner's longings
I love to tell the story, because I know ’tis true;
It satisfies my longings as nothing else can do.
3) Because of personal gratitude and experience
I love to tell the story, it did so much for me;
And that is just the reason I tell it now to thee.
4) Because it gets sweeter and sweeter the more it's understood
I love to tell the story; ’tis pleasant to repeat
What seems, each time I tell it, more wonderfully sweet.
5) Because others need to know God's grace for themselves
I love to tell the story, for some have never heard
The message of salvation from God’s own holy Word.
6) Because redeemed sinners still need to be reminded of it
I love to tell the story, for those who know it best
Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.
7) Because it will be the reason for and content of our eternal praise
And when, in scenes of glory, I sing the new, new song,
’Twill be the old, old story that I have loved so long.