Thursday, April 1, 2010

More Cross-Centered Quotes

Here are a few more cross-centered quotes to help you reflect on the cross of Christ on this Maundy Thursday:
"The traveler through the Bible landscape misses his way as soon as he loses sight of the hill called Calvary." (J.I. Packer)

"Man of Sorrows! what a name
For the Son of God, who came;
Ruined sinners to reclaim:
Hallelujah, what a Savior!" (P.P. Bliss)

"The debt was so great, that while man alone owed it, only God could pay it." (Anselm)

"The glory of the gospel is this: the One from whom we need to be saved is the One who has saved us." (R.C. Sproul)

"My sin - oh, the bliss of this glorious thought:
My sin not in part, but the whole
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!"
(Horatius Spafford)