Thursday, November 5, 2009

O Sing of Christ, My Savior, Sing

O Sing of Christ, My Savior, Sing
M. Justin Wainscott, © 2009

How foul and full of sin am I,
And wedded to my lusts;
That when the devil tells me lies,
His words I’m prone to trust.
His ev’ry damning, wicked word,
I’m tempted to believe;
Until by grace the gospel’s heard,
And then my soul’s relieved.

Chorus
O sing of Christ, my Savior, sing,
And let the gospel loudly ring!
O sing of Christ, my Savior, sing,
My gracious God, my Priest and King.

So let the devil roar with lies,
Condemn me to my face;
‘Cause there’s a truth he can’t deny,
A great exchange by grace –
Where Christ has taken all my sin,
And bore it on the tree;
And all his righteousness has been
Imputed free to me.

Chorus

And when before that great white throne,
In judgment I shall stand;
I’ll trust in Christ and him alone,
Who met the Law’s demands.
And though the devil may accuse,
His ploys will be denied;
For I shall plead the blood-bought news
Of Christ the crucified!

Chorus