- The church followed the Bible's teachings regarding church discipline.
- The discipline exercised was loving, redemptive, and restorative.
- The church lovingly cared for, encouraged, and financially provided for the disciplined minister's family.
- Ongoing and consistent accountability was provided for the disciplined minister after he was released from prison.
- The disciplined minister was, as a result of church discipline, awakened to his lost state and converted!
- The church restored the disciplined minister back to fellowship and membership after his repentance.
- God was honored, the church was strengthened, and a sinner was saved.
Monday, February 6, 2012
Encouraging Story on Many Levels
There was a front page story last week in our state Baptist newspaper, Baptist & Reflector, that was encouraging on many levels. Of course, there's nothing encouraging about embezzlement by a minister, but what happened as a result of that sad situation was encouraging.