- Consider that the knowledge of Christ as fully God and fully man in one Person is the most useful object of our contemplations and affections.
- Diligently study the Scriptures with the express purpose of finding the glory of Christ in them.
- Meditate frequently upon the knowledge of Christ that you have already obtained, both from Scripture and from sermons.
- Do not simply rely upon fixed times set aside for meditation, but think upon Christ at every possible occasion throughout the day.
- Accompany your thoughts of Christ with admiration, adoration, and thanksgiving.
HT: Meet the Puritans