Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Hymn of Praise for the Work of Christ

To Christ My Praise Shall Ever Be
M. Justin Wainscott, © 2008

To Christ my praise shall ever be,
For by his blood he rescued me
From sin's accursed, wretched spell,
And from the grips of death and hell.

My sin incurred a hopeless debt,
But Christ hath all my payment met.
By Jesus' blood I've been set free;
To him my praise shall ever be.

It was my cross that Christ did bear,
And mine the sin that sent him there.
And still he suffered willingly;
To him my praise shall ever be.

How oft sin's damning voice is heard,
But Jesus speaks a better word.
His blood assures and comforts me;
To him my praise shall ever be.

You fleshly passions, which I fight,
You chains of sin, which hold me tight,
From you one day I shall be free
To praise my Lord more perfectly!

And when his lovely face I see,
The Lamb of God who died for me,
My lips shall sing repeatedly,
To Christ my praise shall ever be.